- Speak with your local bank to arrange the best loan to suit your needs.
- Prepare a short list of things that you require in a home, bearing in mind affordability and accommodation requirements.
- Inspect every property in your price range so you have a feel for the prices. Attend all open homes in the area.
- Make a time to meet with one of our sales team to discuss what you want in a home. Your North West Real Estate Sales Consultant will be able to advise you of any additional information you may need and also inform you how you can register on our website to automatically receive notification of any new listings that hit the market.
- When you find a property that suits your requirements sit down with your agent and go through the contract and have the agent explain how the process works.
- There is more to an offer than just the price.The terms of the offer are just as important to the vendor. So before submitting an offer make sure you have your finance in place, that you have organised your deposit and that you are satisfied that this is the property for you.
- Following your solicitors or conveyancer’s advice on the sale contract and taking into consideration the building reports, you are now able to make an informed decision to proceed with the purchase of the property.
- Once negotiations have been finalised, you will be required to sign the sale contract and pay a deposit. Your deposit will be held in a trust account until settlement. At settlement, contracts will then be unconditionally exchanged.
- On settlement day it is advisable that you do a final inspection before settlement takes place. This is to ensure that the property is in the same condition as when you last inspected it, and that all inclusions are as per the contract you signed.